A huge categorized dump of all the tools I use/used at some point.
Cloud & Data dumping ☁️
- Google Drive: cloud storage for everything else; 15GB with a free Google Account
- Box: Dropbox ripoff?
- Google Keep: cloud-based note-taking app; good for data dumping
- Google Docs: self explanatory
- Google Calendar
- threader.app: compile your favorite Twitter threads in one place.
- Free My Dekstop: (MAC only) is a menu bar app that with just one click hides all the icons from your desktop, the dock and the menubar.
- Pastebin: A pastebin or text storage site is a type of online content hosting service where users can store plain text
- Dropbox: cloud storage for photos (because Google Drive has really dumb sync with Google Photos, e.g. if I delete a photo from Google Photos, then the copy of this photo from Google Drive is automatically deleted)
Editors / IDEs /Build a website 🕸️
Learning & Reading 📒
- VLC media player: video player. Features I use the most: (1) increase / decrease in viewing speed by .1 of the original speed; (2) simple switching of subtitles / audio tracks and the ability to delay them, if either is out of sync with the video; (3) ability to set volume above 100%.
Productivity & Note-taking ✍️
- AutoHotkey: runs a script that remaps Backspace to CapsLock and “==-” into “—”
- Ditto: clipboard manager (e.g. allows to recover pictures that you copied previously)
- Git Bash: console
- LinkChecker: checks links on localhost for brokeness
- Total Commander: file manager for when Windows File Explorer is not enough (e.g. need to mass rename files according to same pattern)
- T-Clock: allows me to configure the tray to display current date in YYYY-MM-DD format
Language Processing 🌍
Windows only 🌪️
These are my recommended productivity apps, tools and features on Windows 10 to keep organized and work more effectively on my wide monitor.
Microsoft PowerToys is a set of utilities for power users to tune and streamline their Windows experience for greater productivity. Inspired by the Windows 95 era PowerToys project, this reboot provides power users with ways to squeeze more efficiency out of the Windows 10 shell and customize it for individual workflows.
Organize multiple applications into grouped tabs on your Windows desktop.
The all-in-one app from Winaero. It will include almost all apps released by Winaero along with new tweaks and options. Windows Tweaker supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
These are my recommended productivity apps, tools and features on Windows 10 to keep organized and work more effectively on my ultrawide monitor.
Stock Footage, Illustrations, Icons 🖼️
- 35mm - free old black and white vintage videos
- criticalpast.com - free old black and white vintage videos
- mixkit.co - Free Videos + Animations
- Vector Logo Zone
- Minimalist Wallpapers
- https://www.openpeeps.com/ - free illustrations
- Struct - free illustrations
- potlabicons.com - icons
- flighticon - icons
- The Doodle Library
- https://designs.ai/graphicmaker - free icons/illustrations
- https://icons8.com/vector-creator - CREATE ENGAGING CUSTOM ILLUSTRATIONS online
Alex Jessup - soldiers, gamification, hut, house, stove
Digital Design & Blogging 👨🏼💻
- Canva: free graphic editor
- Figma: a vector graphics editor and prototyping tool. It is primarily web-based, with additional offline features enabled by desktop applications for macOS and Windows.
- Sketch: digital design tool
- InVision: interactive mockups
- Photoshop: design graphic
- Maya: modeling software
- Backround Remover: self explanatory
- Adobe InDesign: resume
- Adobe After Effects: image/video processing
- Adobe Illustrator: vector drawings
- Adobe Photoshop: editing photos
- Adobe Lightroom: processing photos
- Design Notes
- PINTR - single line SVG illustrator
- prototypr.io - digital resources
- Hacker News Tools of the Trade
- webflow - The professional's alternative to WordPress
- 31 Design Tools in 30 Days
- Top 20 UX Design Blogs and Resources You Should Follow in 2018 (Updated)
- Cool PowerPoint Slides/Templates
- Really Good Emails
- Top 100 Best Design Tools Ever
- 20 Awesome Websites for Free, High Quality Stock Photos
- https://www.unscreen.com/ - Remove Video Background 100% Automatically and Free
- https://getwaves.io - wavy waves
Audio ingestion 🎧
Namebase is a top-level domain (TLD) name registrar that operates on the Handshake blockchain.
You can now own your own TLD extension – one of the most powerful and valuable digital assets in existence – that is fully decentralized on the blockchain.
really need to clean these up lol
https://untools.co/ - critical thinking and decision making