A huge categorized dump of all the tools I use/used at some point.
- HyperX Cloud Alpha - Gaming Headset
- Sony Wireless Headphones WH-CH510: Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headset
- AirPods (1st generation)
- My main mouse is a Logitech MX Master 3. This one has a nice scrolling-wheel functionality. I usually use this one with my left hand, as the CTS is kind of bugging me sometimes.
- I also own a Logitech MX Master 2S from 2017. I keep this one as a backup.
- My gaming mouse is a Gaming RAZER DeathAdder V1. The reason this is my main mouse is that it is very lightweight and fits well in my hand.
- I tried using the Apple Trackpad, but it did not stick with me.
I want to outline that my mouse sensitivity is maxed out. Same as for the mouse trackpad, as I like shaving a few seconds here and there. These will eventually add up. One will have to adjust with the sensitivity increase, but after a while - it will become a default. Keyboard shortcuts are also important, as I sometimes view myself as a tech bro.
A decent computer mouse can be a long-term investment. Unless you are not worried about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Cloud & Data Storage ☁️
- Google Drive: cloud storage for everything else; 15GB with a free Google Account
- Box: Dropbox ripoff?
- Google Keep: cloud-based note-taking app; good for data dumping
- Google Docs: self-explanatory
- Google Calendar
- threader.app: compile your favorite Twitter threads in one place.
- Free My Dekstop: (MAC only) is a menu bar app that with just one click hides all the icons from your desktop, the dock and the menubar.
- Pastebin: A pastebin or text storage site is a type of online content hosting service where users can store plain text
- Dropbox: cloud storage for photos (because Google Drive has really dumb sync with Google Photos, e.g. if I delete a photo from Google Photos, then the copy of this photo from Google Drive is automatically deleted)
Editors / Integrated development environment / Website Building
- Visual Studio Code
- Windows Notepad: super quick notes (dooh!)
- PyCharm: Python IDE (PyCharm is free for students)
- Sourcery — build a website in 5 seconds
- Biew: Create websites with Google Sheets
- sheet2site.com - create a website from Google Sheets without writing code
Reading & Learning
- Anki: for things I want my memory be accountable about.
Note: the best service to speed your touch typing up I know is keybr.
- VLC media player: video player. Features I use the most: (1) increase/decrease in viewing speed by .1 of the original speed; (2) simple switching of subtitles / audio tracks and the ability to delay them, if either is out of sync with the video; (3) ability to set volume above 100%.
- Roam Research
- Evernote — long-term knowledge base
- Coda — begins with a blinking cursor and grows as big as your team’s ambition. We’ve seen Coda docs do everything from run weekly meetings to launch products.
- AutoHotkey: runs a script that remaps Backspace to CapsLock and “==-” into “—”
- Ditto: clipboard manager (e.g. allows to recover pictures that you copied previously)
- Git Bash: console
- LinkChecker: checks links on localhost for brokeness
- Total Commander: file manager for when Windows File Explorer is not enough (e.g. need to mass rename files according to same pattern)
- T-Clock: allows me to configure the tray to display current date in YYYY-MM-DD format
- Grammarly: free grammar checker
- Hemingway Editor: word processor and proofreading tool designed for writers. It is a standalone program that can be accessed online or by downloading the desktop version of the app; and helps users write in a simple, clear, and powerful manner.
These are my recommended productivity apps, tools, and features on Windows 10 to keep organized and work more effectively on my wide monitor.
- PowerToys FancyZones
- Winaero Tweaker
- StreamLabs Obs - the one I am currently using (as of August 2020)
- Ecamm Live - streaming software for Mac. Costs money. But it is cool.
Stock Footage, Illustrations, Icons 🖼️
- 35mm - free old black and white vintage videos
- criticalpast.com - free old black and white vintage videos
- mixkit.co - Free Videos + Animations
- Vector Logo Zone
- Minimalist Wallpapers
- https://www.openpeeps.com/ - free illustrations
- Struct - free illustrations
- potlabicons.com - icons
- flighticon - icons
- The Doodle Library
- https://designs.ai/graphicmaker - free icons/illustrations
- https://icons8.com/vector-creator - CREATE ENGAGING CUSTOM ILLUSTRATIONS online
Alex Jessup - soldiers, gamification, hut, house, stove
Digital Design & Blogging 👨🏼💻
- Canva: free graphic editor
- Figma: a vector graphics editor and prototyping tool. It is primarily web-based, with additional offline features enabled by desktop applications for macOS and Windows.
- Sketch: digital design tool
- InVision: interactive mockups
- Photoshop: design graphic
- Maya: modeling software
- Backround Remover: self explanatory
- Adobe InDesign: resume
- Adobe After Effects: image/video processing
- Adobe Illustrator: vector drawings
- Adobe Photoshop: editing photos
- Adobe Lightroom: processing photos
- Design Notes
- PINTR - single line SVG illustrator
- prototypr.io - digital resources
- Hacker News Tools of the Trade
- webflow - The professional's alternative to WordPress
- 31 Design Tools in 30 Days
- Top 20 UX Design Blogs and Resources You Should Follow in 2018 (Updated)
- Cool PowerPoint Slides/Templates
- Really Good Emails
- Top 100 Best Design Tools Ever
- 20 Awesome Websites for Free, High Quality Stock Photos
- https://www.unscreen.com/ - Remove Video Background 100% Automatically and Free
- https://getwaves.io - wavy waves
Free Online Appointment Scheduling Software - Calendly
Find the perfect meeting time with super easy online appointment scheduling software from Calendly, and say goodbye to phone and email tag. It's 100% free, super easy to use, and you'll love our customer service.
Audio ingestion 🎧
🎧 Listen To Web Articles As Podcasts (Free)
"Read" while exercising, cooking, doing chores, etc. Listen in your favorite podcast player or our web player. Free, no signup required 👏
No Code (app builders & more)
really need to clean these up lol